Epson printers are known for their high-quality printing performance. However, technical glitches are common with all printers. If you notice your Epson printer not printing color, it can put printing of any urgent work-related document on a halt. Users generally find that their printer has abruptly stopped after thy have replaced all or one of its empty ink cartridges. This problem has a lot of reasons behind it. In this article, you’ll learn in detail about the issue.
Why Is My Epson Printer Not Printing Color?
As mentioned above, there are multiple causes for this issue. They include the following:
- Blocked nozzles – Sometimes, if you run more than three cycles of print cleaning at a single time, it can result in ink build-up in the nozzles.
- Dust accumulation inside the printer – The build-up of dust inside the printing machine is another reason for Epson not printing color. That’s why it’s advised to always dust the printer regularly.
- Dried ink accumulation – Another common issue is when the ink cartridge is filled with accumulated dried ink. Sometimes, removing dried ink build-up can be difficult because of the specific Epson printer model.
- You are not using your printer regularly – A regular printer usage will keep the clogging issues at bay. So, if you don’t use your printer regularly, it’s possible that it is accumulating dust and negative air pressure.
- Your printer is always kept on – Many people habitually keep their printers on even when they aren’t using them. It affects the printer negatively, as it does not get an opportunity to run a cleaning cycle.
How to Fix Epson Printer Not Printing Color Problem
You can conduct various checks to ensure that your printer prints color. Here are some effective techniques to follow.
Check the Nozzles
Checking nozzles through the control panel of the printer is the first measure you can take to fix color issues. Turn off your printer and follow these points.
- Load the paper into the tray.
- Find the ‘Paper/Cancel‘ and ‘Power‘ buttons on the control panel.
- Next, press and hold these two buttons.
- When the power light begins blinking, release these buttons.
- Let the printer print the nozzle check pattern. Then verify it.
- If there are gaps in the pattern, the printhead nozzles are clogged.
- You must clean the printhead.
Clean the Printhead through the Control Panel
This is the obvious next step after you have followed the first technique. To clean the printhead to fix the Epson not printing color problem, follow these steps.
- Your paper tray should have sufficient paper.
- Hold down the ink button on the printer’s panel for three seconds.
- The cleaning cycle will start.
- Once it completes, print the nozzle pattern to find if the printhead is clean.
Check the Ink Level
When you find the Epson printer not printing color correctly, inspect the ink level on your device. To check it, follow these points.
- Power on your printing machine.
- Now push the ‘Menu‘ button.
- Head over to ‘Setup‘ and then choose ‘Ink volume.’
- Hit ‘OK.’
- Replace the cartridge if it’s low on ink or fill the ink tank.
Modify Printer Settings
Printer settings are crucial for a printer to print properly. These settings indicate to the printer what and how to print. If you find your Epson printer not printing color, you must take a look at its settings.
- Go to the Print dialog box, and select ‘Printer Settings.’
- Choose the ‘Basic settings’ tab.
- In this section, you’ll view ‘Black‘ on the right and ‘Color‘ on the left. Choose the’ Color’ option if you wish to print in color.
- Now, at the dialog box’s bottom, tap ‘Print.’ It will begin the process of test printing and save your applied settings.
Update the Epson Printer Driver
Updating your driver can help you fix the Epson printer not printing color correctly problem. Follow these steps to update the printer driver.
- Navigate to the ‘Start‘ menu and input ‘Device Manager’.
- Hit Enter and tap on your printing machine.
- Now, right-tap on your Epson printer and choose ‘Update driver’.
- Next, choose the option’ Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- Adhere to the instructions on the screen to finish the process.
Flush the Ink
This is for those who don’t use their Epson printer for long periods. Your printer may have dried ink particles on the nozzles. If you are wondering how to fix Epson printer not printing color, the answer for you is to flush the ink.
- Launch ‘Settings‘ and tap on ‘Printers and Scanners’.
- Hit ‘Printing Preferences’.
- Now click ‘Maintenance’.
- Next, tap the ‘Power Ink Flush’ followed by ‘OK.’
Check the Grayscale/Black Print Settings
Is your Epson printer printing only black and not color prints? In this case, you must examine the grayscale/black print only settings. If they are activated, your Epson printer will print documents will black and white format.
- Launch the control panel.
- Next, hit ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Right-tap on your printer and navigate to ‘Printing Preferences’.
- Disable the mode ‘Grayscale/Black print-only’.
- Now press ‘OK.’
Port Your Printer Correctly
An improper port can halt the printing of your Epson printer. So, you need to be careful of it while installing the printer. However, if you have installed the port incorrectly, follow these steps to change the port without reinstalling your printer.
- Open your system and tap ‘Control Panel’.
- Choose ‘Devices and Printers‘ and select your printer.
- Right-tap on your printer to open ‘Printer Properties’.
- Tap the ‘Ports’ tab and hit ‘Add port’.
- Choose ‘Standard TTCP/IP Port,’ followed by clicking on ‘New Port’.
- On the subsequent page, tap ‘Next.’
- Now, hit the ‘Apply‘ button.
- Lastly, restart your system and Epson printer.
Fix Epson Ecotank not Printing Color
Many people complain that their Epson Ecotank ET-2700 is not printing color. A dirty printhead is the most common cause of this problem. You can clean it using the product buttons.
- Ensure that no product lights indicate errors.
- Load some plain sheets of paper.
- Hold the ‘Stop‘ button for three seconds and commence the cleaning cycle. Never ever
- switch off your product or open the scanner during a cleaning cycle.
- Now perform a nozzle check.
- If still there’s no improvement, switch off the printer and wait for 12 hours. Then clean the printhead again.
Now you are aware of exactly what to do when you find your Epson printer not printing color. There’s no need to think that you cannot use your device properly again. Just use these fixes and see your Epson printer printing color efficiently.
Epson Printer Driver Is Unavailable- Get Instant Solution
Windows users might sometimes face the printer driver is unavailable error. The reason could be anything starting from an outdated printer driver to corrupted system files. However, there are a few methods you could use to fix this error.
What Does Driver Is Unavailable Mean?
A printer driver is a software that helps your computer communicate with your printer. When you see the printer driver is unavailable error, it means that there is a problem with the communication between your computer and printer. This can be caused by an outdated or corrupt printer driver, corrupted system files, or even a virus.
How To Fix Printer Driver Is Unavailable Error On Windows
There are a few things you can try to fix this error. We will go over each one of them so that you can try the one that works best for you.
Update Your Printer Driver
If your printer driver is outdated, it might be causing the printer driver is unavailable error. You can update your printer driver by going to your printer manufacturer’s website and downloading the latest driver for your printer.
Run The Printer Troubleshooter
Windows has a built-in troubleshooter that can help you fix many problems, including the printer driver is unavailable error. To run the printing troubleshooter, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Then, under the “Find and fix other problems” section, click on “Printer.” Choose your printer and let the Windows troubleshooter do its magic.
Reset The Print Spooler
Sometimes, resetting the print spooler can help you fix the printer driver is unavailable error. To reset the print spooler, open the Command Prompt as administrator and type in the following command: net stop spooler and click Enter. Wait for about 30 seconds, and then type net start spooler and click on Enter.
An alternative to using the Command Prompt is using the Services window of your Windows PC.
Open the Start Menu and then type services.msc and click on the OK button. Scroll down on the window that will open up on your screen and select Print Spooler service. Right-click on it and select Stop. Give it some time and then right-click on the Print Spooler service again and select Start. Close the Services window.
Update Windows Computer
If you are still seeing the printer driver is unavailable error, it might be because you are using an outdated version of Windows. To update your Windows computer, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click on the “Check for updates” button.
Reinstall Your Printer
If none of the other solutions worked, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling your printer. This will install the latest driver for your printer and might help fix the printer driver is unavailable error.
You can do this by adding the printer manually using the Printers and Scanners window of your computer. Get your printer’s IP address and install it using the TCP/IP Port. You should then select the printer driver from the list and finish the installation.
What Causes The Printer Driver Unavailable Error On Windows 10/11?
There are a few different things that can cause the printer driver is unavailable error on Windows, including:
Outdated or corrupt printer drivers
A printer driver is unavailable when an outdated or corrupt printer driver is installed. Printer drivers must be up-to-date to ensure compatibility with the printer and the computer. Outdated or corrupt printer drivers can cause various issues, including a printer not appearing in Printers and Scanners, incomplete print jobs, printing errors, and more.
Incorrectly configured printer settings
Incorrectly configured printer settings can sometimes cause the printer driver to be unavailable. This can happen if the printer is not set as the default printer or if the wrong printer driver is selected.
An issue with Windows Update
If you’re getting the printer driver is unavailable error after installing a Windows update, it’s possible that the update has caused an issue with your printer driver. In this case, you can either try uninstalling the update to see if that fixes the problem or reinstalling your printer driver on the updated Windows computer.
A corrupted print spooler service
If you are receiving an error message stating “Epson printer driver unavailable ” on your computer, there may be a problem with the print spooler service. This service is responsible for managing print jobs on your computer, and if it is corrupted, it can cause various printing issues, including the inability to print documents from your computer to the printer.
How To Prevent Printer Driver Is Unavailable Error On Printer
There are a few things you can do to prevent the printer’s driver is unavailable error on your computer, including:
Keep your printer drivers up-to-date
One of the main causes of this error is outdated or corrupt printer drivers. To keep your printer drivers up-to-date, you can either go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver for your printer model or use a tool to update your drivers automatically, most printer manufacturers have this feature added to their printer software that you install on your computer during the initial printer setup.
Check your printer settings
Incorrectly configured printer settings can sometimes cause this error. To check your printer settings, open the Devices and Printers control panel and make sure that your printer is set as the default printer. You should also check that the correct printer driver is selected for your printer.
This is the best website ever I found on google search giving the best information and ideology must visit once